Jelly Roll Pillow Case Class
Come join our class led by Mary Hartman. Mary will be teaching us how to make the Jelly Roll Pillow case by RJ Designs.
Wednesday February 3, 10:00-12:00
Wednesday February 10, 10:00-12:00
Though the instruction will finish at 12:00, feel free to stay for the day to sew!
Price of Class: $50, which includes instruction, pattern, and enough fusible batting to construct 26 jelly roll tubes.
Prior to class, participants should buy a jelly roll (which typically contains 40 strips, 2 1/2 inches wide) The pattern requires 26.
And 3/4 yard coordinating fabric to make the pillow back.
Alternatively you could make your own strips, 2 1/2 inches wide, 44 inches long. Our suggestion would be 9 fabric choices, 1/4 yard each, subcut into 26 strips.
When your project is finished you’ll need two 16 inch pillow forms, which are not included in the class.
For class you’ll need:
- 26 - 2.5" strips (Consider using a jelly roll (which typically contains 40 strips, 2 1/2 inches wide) or cut your own strips, 2.5" wide x width of fabric. If not using a jelly roll, our suggestion would be 9 fabric choices, 1/4 yard each, subcut into 26 strips
- 3/4 yard coordinating fabric to make the pillow back.
- An iron
- A jeans sewing machine needle #100/16
- sewing machine with a zigzag (or test drive one of our machines!)
Additional helpful tools, strongly encouraged:
- Jelly Roll Tube Maker
- Purple Thang Tool
- 1/4 inch sewing machine foot
We will begin the process of making the jelly roll tubes at the first session and construct the pillow when we resume at the second meeting.
Participants will receive a 10% discount for all purchases made for the class and during the class.
Please fill out the form below or call the shop to reserve your spot Today.