To get started we need to find out how big to cut your squares to create a HSTs, 8 at a time. The method below will provide an oversized HST so that you can trim to the perfect size:
- Place 2 beginning squares right sides together (RST).
- Draw horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines as shown in the diagram as solid lines.
- Sew layered squares together stitching ¼” on each side of drawn diagonal lines only, as shown in the diagram as dotted lines
- Cut on drawn lines to make 8 HSTs.
- Trim to the size listed in the middle column “Trimmed HST Size”